When you first get started using Member App we provide you with one sub-domain you can use. If you wish to use your own domain then you can follow these instructions down below. When you add your domain to Member App it allows you to publish your membership websites and pages to your own chosen domain.
Refer to the video below to see how it can be done with a newly purchased domain from Godaddy or continue reading if you prefer the written step-by-step version of instructions.
How to add a domain to your account step by step:
2. Once you've purchased a domain to use. Add your domain into the 'your domain' form located here:
3. Check that your domain has been added to the list of domains within your domain settings. It will have the status originally of 'Unverified'.
4. Copy the number under the form here:
5. Paste the number into your registrar domain advanced DNS settings:
If you want to find out where you can find these settings within your chosen registrar you can take a closer look at more detailed instructions for namecheap here and Godaddy here.
6. Confirm and wait 30 minutes - 1 hour for your domain settings to be confirmed and become active.
7. Refresh your domain settings page and check that the status of your domain now shows 'Verified'.
If it doesn't yet show verified then click on the 'refresh' icon to initiate a change in status. If the status does not change after clicking the 'refresh' icon then check that everything is setup correctly and wait some more time for your domain settings to become active.
This is one of the more complicated parts of getting started with Member App. If you run into any trouble you can get in touch with our support desk for additional guidance. Our skilled support staff can help you to carry out this step correctly.