When you first get started using Member App we provide you with one sub-domain you can use. If you wish to use a subdomain on your own domain then you can follow these instructions down below. When you add your subdomain to Member App it allows you to publish your membership websites and pages to your the chosen subdomain while you can still use your second level domain for your main website.
How to add a subdomain to your account step by step:
2. Once you've purchased a domain to use. Add your domain into the 'your domain' form located here:
3. Check that your subdomain has been added to the list of domains within your domain settings. It will have the status originally of 'Unverified'.
4. Copy the number under the form here:
5. Paste the number into your registrar domain advanced DNS settings:
6. Confirm and wait 30 minutes - 1 hour for your subdomain settings to be confirmed and become active.
7. Refresh your domain settings page and check that the status of your subdomain now shows 'Verified'.
If it doesn't show verified yet then click on the 'Verify again' icon to initiate a change in status. If the status does not change after clicking the 'Verify again' icon then check that everything is setup correctly and wait some more time for your subdomain settings to become active.
This is one of the more complicated parts of getting started with Member App. If you run into any trouble you can get in touch with our support desk for additional guidance. Our skilled support staff can help you to carry out this step correctly.